A leading engine manufacturer and service provider in the Southeast United States, is seeking a skilled Diesel/Gas Engine Service Technician to join our TEAM in the Jacksonville, FL area.
SALARY: We offer competitive salary in the $30/hour to $36/hour range.
BENEFITS: 401k Plan with matching, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick days, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement.
We are searching for a career-oriented individual with superior customer service and organizational skills. The candidate will be under the direction of the Service Supervisor. Duties will include troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of commercial generators and diesel engines. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· 7 + years experience as a diesel engine technician.
· Capable of diesel engine rebuild, overhaul, repair, preventative maintence
· Expert reading electrical schematics and blueprints.
· Tier IV engine experience a plus.
· Detroit Diesel 2 stroke diesel engine experience is a plus.
· Experience in performing maintenance and troubleshooting on diesel engines.
· DEUTZ, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Perkins, Kubota, Yanmar, John Deere engine experience a plus.
· Computer literate to include: manufacturer’s diagnostic programs
· High School Diploma or GED
· Excellent communication skills.
· Valid driver’s license Strong attention to detail
· Make service calls to our customers keeping both customers and Service Supervisor informed of job progress.
· Process paperwork in a timely manner. Maintain housekeeping, in service truck and at customer property.
· Provide mechanical and electrical repairs of various diesel engines.
· Effectively diagnose, repair, adjust and recondition diesel, natural gas and liquid propane engine driven generator sets.
· Maintain truck inventory.
· Must be willing to travel and work overtime as needed