Diesel Engine Field Service Mechanic – Gary, IN
Field Service Technician –
Locations: Gary, IN. and Fort Wayne, Indiana territory
Service technician(s) will be responsible for performing service- related preventative maintenance and routine repairs on all DEUTZ products and Non-DEUTZ Construction Equipment.
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to all the conditions around them – customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers employees.
- Ability to travel if need be to customer(s) locations to perform engine and equipment related repairs.
- Assist in resolving customer related issues in a timely matter.
- Work with all employees and Service Manager to ensure that the facility is clean, organized and presents a positive image of company.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned.
- Pre-Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs.
- Effectively complete all repairs required in a safe and effective manner.
- Ensure all repairs are completed as assigned and according to manufacturer requirements.
- Ensure proper cosmetic appearance upon completion of repairs.
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per Company Power Center return parts guidelines.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition.
- All communications with customers are conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty.
- All failures identified are matched to solutions necessary to affect a repair.
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a timely manner.
- Consult, when necessary, with Service Department ticket system to ensure accuracy and approval of repairs.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established policies, procedures and repair guidelines.
- Assist in the proper filing of warranty claims and/or customer invoices.
- Follow all company employee policies and procedures, especially pertaining to travel and company credit cards.
- Other duties as assigned by branch management personnel.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and /or a minimum of two years Diesel engine experience. Trade school credited courses will apply with diploma.
- 2-5 years construction equipment repair experience preferred.
- Certification/Training in heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repairs preferred.
- Experience in diagnose, repair of NG/CNG, Tier 3-4 emissions level preferred.
- Working knowledge of DEUTZ Diesel engines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Meet all local/state and company requirements to operate a company assigned service vehicle.
- Excellent communication skill (writing, speaking in person and over the phone).
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and portable diagnostic tools.
- Candidate must have own tools. Key DEUTZ tools will be provided.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
- Ability to lift / carry 40 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.