A premier financial services industry leader is looking for a talented Controller that has leadership qualities to possibly develop into a leader over time. The asset servicing clerk manages the loans of the company. This person must be a team-player, willing to various tasks to help the team succeed highly motivated and driven to excel in an energetic and growing company. This person must be highly organized, excellent in communication and mature both professionally and emotionally. This candidate must be hard working, driven, disciplined, a great listener, and lead by example for others. This candidate will want to learn to be a leader and be ready to be coached and developed.
This company is dedicated to ensuring that small and mid-sized businesses thrive by providing financial resources when they need them most. The members of our team are vital partners to our clients and demonstrate integrity and an unparalleled commitment to service and teamwork every day. If you are interested in joining a dynamic work environment with a start-up culture where you will be recognized for your contributions, we would love to talk to you.
What is Asset Servicing? Asset Servicing is a term used for all the activities that come with holding securities. These include collecting dividends and interest payments, Corporate Actions, Proxy Voting, Tax Reclaims and valuations.
- Cash management oversight of the company bank accounts.
- Matching transactions in the accounting software.
- Reconciling daily transactions
- Preparing financial statements
- Objectives including overhauling accounting controls, processes, systems to meet company needs for growth (what previously worked no longer works for scale)
- Preparing the weekly payment list
- Working with external auditors/relationships
- Working with CEO for planning and budgeting
- Department budget versus actual
- Taking incoming calls from employees and customers seeking account information as overflow help
- 3-7 years of experience in Financial Services
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Effective with a range of personality types
- Pass intermediate Excel test
- Highly organized
- Experience in public accounting audit (a plus!)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $88,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year
This employer has taken all necessary COVID-19 precautions.