A leading engine and generator manufacturer and service provider in the Southeast United States, is seeking a skilled Diesel/Gas Engine Service Technician to join our TEAM in the Oakland, California area.
SALARY: We offer competitive salary in the $30/hour to $50/hour range.
BENEFITS: 401k Plan with matching, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick days, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement.
We are searching for a career-oriented individual with superior customer service and organizational skills. The candidate will be under the direction of the Service Supervisor. Duties will include troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of commercial generators and diesel engines. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· 7 + years experience as service power generator technician or a diesel engine technician.
· Expert reading electrical schematics and blueprints.
· Tier IV engine experience a plus.
· Detroit Diesel 2 stroke diesel engine experience is a plus.
· Experience in performing maintenance and troubleshooting on power generation, diesel pump sets and diesel engines.
· Detroit Diesel, Perkins, Kubota, Yanmar, John Deere engine experience a plus.
· Computer literate to include: manufacturer’s diagnostic programs, Microsoft Excel/Word SAP.
· Experienced at performing testing with multimeters, clamp on ammeters, load banks, precision measuring equipment and basic hand tools.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Some college or diesel engine/electronics trade school
· Excellent communication skills.
· Valid driver’s license Strong attention to detail
· Make service calls to our customers keeping both customers and Service Supervisor informed of job progress.
· Process paperwork in a timely manner. Maintain housekeeping, in service truck and at customer property.
· Provide mechanical and electrical repairs of power generation systems.
· Effectively diagnose, repair, adjust and recondition diesel, natural gas and liquid propane engine driven generator sets.
· Perform scheduled service and troubleshooting tasks on customer generators and trailers.
· Utilize preventive maintenance measures to prevent or limit equipment failure.
· Maintain truck inventory.
· Comply with all work procedures, quality control standards and rules.
· Comply with all company safety, health and environmental policies to ensure a safe work environment.
· Should be self motivated with a desire to expand knowledge base.
· Must be willing to travel and work overtime as needed
· Must be team focused.